Green and Blue Futures aims to deliver social outcomes through the involvement of social economy in managing the green and blue infrastructure and in particular through the training of the long-term unemployed and unemployed young people.
Giving training opportunities, the operators pursued several goals: the acquisition of knowledges and skills: social and interpersonal skills, basic skills and knowledge, job specific technical skills and knowledge, but also supporting professional orientation and giving a working experience.
Additional value to those can be reached through certification.
- Official recognition that can be valorised when searching employment
- Also important valorisation of the trainees, and invitation to project himself in the future.
Who is involved?
|Scottish Waterways Trust||Canal College|
|Province de Hainaut||Certification of trainees at Ferme Delsamme|
|Provincie West Vlaanderen||Creating value through knowledge|
|Provincie West Vlaanderen||Nature friendly maintenance of water buffers|
What has been done?
- Investigating the state of the art and the needs at partner level
- Exchanges between partners on needs and how they are tackled (dedicated steering committee presentations and transnational workshops)
- Building on transnational exchanges, study opportunities offered by local tools and actors (schools, certification institute, training operators...)
- Develop partnership and create certification opportunities
Transnational added value
In Scotland, a well implemented process of certification, they have highlighted the advantage of such a system, shared lessons learned and how to valorised it as much as possible
Inspired by Scotland experience and responding to a field demand, Hainaut developed its own certification procedure.
Province of West Vlaanderen, building on the same principle and encouraged by the success in Hainaut, launched their study to develop a certification opportunities for the social enterprise they are working with.
- Detailed presentation of Canal College during Steering Committee (sharing experience)
- Specific presentation and exchanges on the thematic during at least 2 steering commitee (How to work together)
- One specific transnational workshops with various actors around the table: training operators, certification operators (schools), province